Spooky Halloween Cupcakes
24 October 2018
For the cake:
- 110g softened butter
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 110g self-raising flour
For the Buttercream:
- 75g softened butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Orange food colouring
- Green and black icing for decoration
- Pre-heat the oven 220 degrees and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases
- Mix together 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, and adding a tbsp. of flour as you go to avoid the mixture curdling, remember to whisk fast and scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla extract, the remaining self-raising flour and whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes until risen and golden brown. Stick a cocktail stick into the centre of the cake to test if it is cooked. Leave to cool completely
- For the buttercream: Mix together 75g butter and 150g icing sugar, stirring until completely mixed, add 1tbsp of milk if necessary but try to avoid the mixture turning too runny.
- Add orange food colouring until the buttercream is a bright orange
- Once the cupcakes have cooled take the orange buttercream and evenly coat onto cakes
- Using the black and green icing add faces and stem to create pumpkins